Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Raising Money to Self-Publish

I recently posted an online fundraiser to try and raise money for the self-publishing of K My Name Is Kendra. It failed miserably, and I'll tell you why: I was embarrassed to reveal to people that I don't have the money to self-publish. Like I'm the only one going through hard times in this economy!

So do I simply give up and put my manuscript away in a desk drawer to gather dust because I'm afraid--too proud even--to ask for help? What would you do?

I'll tell you what I did. I re-read my book again just to make sure in my own head that this project is worth pursuing.

I fell in love with the story all over again.

And so I'm posting another fundraiser even as we speak, and I'll post the link in the sidebar in hopes that anyone who visits this blog will make a small donation towards the expense of publishing. One hundred sixty-five people, $10 each...that's all I need. Think I can do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment