Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pssst....Donnie Simpson....

I had a dream a couple weeks ago. I usually never remember my dreams, but this one has stuck in my head since the night I had it.

I dreamed that radio personality extraordinaire Donnie Simpson finally received in-hand one of my many faxes asking for his help, went to my website, read excerpts of K My Name Is Kendra and The Brownstone (I can't wait to release that book next year!) and was so impressed with my work that he called me immediately to offer his assistance in getting the $1600 I need to publish. What I don't remember is whether the Donnie Simpson Show wrote the check as part of Donnie's Morning Wish on WPGC, or whether he used his voice and influence to raise the money from his listeners and/or colleagues. I just remember that it was him (he?) that helped me. And that I was eternally grateful and thanked him in my acceptance speech (for an award I can't remember the name of).

So...Donnie Simpson, I'm calling out to you. I don't know if you'll ever get the message, but I'm calling out nonetheless. I am a part of your listening community, right next door in Northern Virginia, and I need your help! So call me at (202) 559-7853. I've left a message just for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment